What is an Affidavit of Financial Information?
This document is required in EVERY case that involves any type of financial issue like child support and spousal maintenance. In this document, you are providing your gross monthly income from all sources, monthly expenses, information regarding the children you support and any other person or persons who reside in your household and are employed.
What Do You Need to Complete the Affidavit of Financial Information?
You will need documentation regarding your monthly finances such as:
- Recent pay stubs and any other documentation showing other sources of income
- Information regarding your children
- Information regarding other people residing in your household
- Information regarding your current and past employers
- Your last 3 years’ income tax returns
- Information regarding self-employment if applicable
- A list of all of your monthly expenses
- Information regarding cost of medical/dental/vision insurance
- Information regarding cost of childcare if applicable
- List of debts with amounts owed and minimum payments required
You must do the best you can to provide accurate information for this document. Please be aware that you MUST provide this document must be provided to the opposing party in your case it MUST have attached your last 2 pay stubs and last 3 years’ income tax returns for all jobs you had during that tax year with W-2 and 1099 forms. The first page of the document must be signed. This document must be filed and a complete copy provided to the Judge assigned to your case.
Sign up now for your free Access Legal account!